Jones Hand

Jones Hand

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Finally Nearly Insane Block 8

 B8w

Block 8 is finally finished. I actually made it to the last border before I chose the fabrics for the last border. Did not like my first colour choices and this is my second.

I did manage to squeeze a couple of tiny bugs and a chicken’s head in. Not obvious or they will not be in the bigger quilt. I have set out to make this block 3 times in the last 18 months.  and I am happy it is finished.

I have also made the Barbara Brackman week 1 block. Love that cheddar.

 Week1b

Have a great Creative weekend All

Cheers Lynne

10 comments:

Tazzie said...

How exciting that you're working on the Barbara Brackman blocks too! I can't wait for the next blocks to be released today (though it'll probably be tomorrow morning for us here in Oz). Your fabric choices (for both blocks) are entirely wonderful
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Janet said...

Wow, #8 is a beauty, the colours are wonderful and the piecing looks so precise. I'm loving seeing the Civil War blocks popping up, yours is great.

ranette said...

Yeah you finished block #8...and it's great. I though I saw bugs, but I'll have to go back and look for the chicken head...lol

Love you Civil War block...I like the green!

Barb said...

that top block is amazing. So many little pieces. It is a pleasure to watch these blocks, I can't wait to see them together.
your colors are great

Unknown said...

These are beautiful blocks!! The colors that you chose are fantastic! I have this book and wonder if I will ever make them.

Pat said...

Both blocks are beautiful Lynne. You can now breathe easy until the next zillion piece block. LOL I have only one more of those to go.

Anne-Mettes Oaser said...

Dear Lynne.
You have done it again - made some beautiful blocks. # 8 is fantastic and I love the fabrics and colours you have choosen.
The BB block looks great too. And I have just seen #2 is allready there.
Have a nice and relaxing weekend.
Hugs,
Anne-Mette

Meredith said...

They are great. I saw the chicken head first. I am enjoing your progress

Mimi said...

Your blocks always turn out gorgeous.

Pineapplerose said...

Total insanity! Block 8 looks well worth the effort.
MMmm BBCW blocks, yet another temptation.