Jones Hand

Jones Hand

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Nearly Insane Block 34

Block34Prepwb
I have unearthed my Nearly Insane and  as I am now putting the rows together and need to fill in gaps Block 34 is next on the list. As we have had some glorious Spring days I decided that the centre needs to be a buzzy bee. This is a fairly simple block so I have no excuse not to finish it!
Groups2w
Here are some of the Pie in the Sky Blocks pieced with their sashing as I go along. Decided to stitch them together in units of 4. I probably have 1/3 of the blocks made for a Queen Size quilt and plan on using the pieces as leaders and enders as I progress to the next quilt for the week. Must confess I just so loved making these blocks that the intention of rotating quilts once a week stretch to 3 weeks on this one!  I do have lots of fabrics cut so I can work on this side by side with Rowan’s Quilt. Hopefully will have pictures to take of that one soon. The quilt will have a totally different flavour as the two brothers are so totally different.
Groups3w Groups1wHave a great Sunday and make sure to fit in some time for yourself :-)  Cheers Lynne

5 comments:

Tazzie said...

How fun to see you working on your NI quilt again, it's fun to revisit the blocks though someone else's eyes. I love your Pie in the Sky blocks, they're just darling, and another wonderful way to use up your bits and pieces.
Be sure to enjoy the rest of your Sunday.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Deb said...

Awesome insane so far! but I really love your Pie in the Sky. done this one and you are right it is just a blast to put together and hard to stop. Yours looks fabulous!
I also really love your header quilt it is stunning!!

Nancy said...

Beautiful. I have the book but figure I am not quite insane enough to start it yet. Still working of my Farmers Wife. It’s simple compared to this one.

Kat Bennett said...

Those are beautiful blocks! The colors caught my eye. My choice is always earth tones. Thanks for sharing your work.

Josephine said...

I love your Pie in the Sky!! After seeing it on your blog, i went straight to Amazon and ordered the book, can't wait to get it!!
Greetings from Holland!