Jones Hand

Jones Hand

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Doll Quilts

 

Bird-quiltwb

My Friend Nancy and I designed a dolls quilt for each other and made it into a little kit to share. The bird one is the one I made to share with her. The shape is different because it is the shape of an wertheim lid to a sewing machine.

Charlestonw

This little quilt was a kit from BusyThimble made with the Charleston range. Of course the little Conversationals are my additions.

Nancy's-quilt

This is the gorgeous little kit that Nancy made up for me. She chose some of her favourite fabrics and of course that gorgeous apricot Sturbridge.

Zippy-quiltw

This little quilt was made on a Miniature sewing machine called a Little Worker or a Midget . It has a tine shuttle and I lost count how many times I had to fill it.! If you click on the link you will see the machine.

Have a look at the gorgeous quilt that Taryn is giving away. It is the most gorgeous Dolls Quilt. I love it. I would be proud to be an owner of this little cutie :-)

Also there are many other doll quilts that others have linked to so sit down with a cuppa and be inspired. Cheers Lynne

7 comments:

Barb said...

great group of doll quilts. I really like the 9patch colors.
It was nice of Taryn to host this doll quilt party.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

All cute little quilts. Love that Midget.

Pat said...

Fantastic tiny quilts - I have such a weak spot for conversational prints too. Love the fact that one of the little quilts was pieced on miniature machine.

All beautiful fabrics!

Carrie P. said...

lovely little quilts. I entered one in the show too.
thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a name for my quilt. good luck in the giveaway.

libbyquilter said...

this is a wonderful group of doll quilts~!~you are a very busy lady~!!~

:-)
libbyQ

Judy Hansen said...

Love, love, love your doll quilts. Also your nearly insane block from your last post - I have some of that kitty fabric too! Too cute that you used it for those tiny blocks. Good job!
Judy

Deb said...

making quilts with friends is so much fun but to go one step further and make each other a kit is even more special. I love them